Jingjiang Princes Palace is the home
of one of the enthroned princes in the Ming dynasty.
The palace is magnificent and grandly walled.
As it is actually an inner city occupied by the
princes and their families, it is called the Princes
City. Occupying an area of 20 hectares, the construction
of the palace began in 1372. Erecting from the
royal garden is the dignified Solitary Beauty
Peak, the king of Guilin peaks. Since Zhu Shouqian,
the grand-nephew of the pioneer emperor of the
Ming dynasty, was enthroned as the Jingjiang Prince,
there had been 14 Jingjiang Princes of 11 generations
that lived in the city. In the Qing dynasty, the
city compound was used as the Provincial Examination
House. In the period of Republic of China, Dr.
Sun Yat-sen once headquartered here for his North
Expedition. Later on, it became the provincial
capital office of Guangxi province, It is the
best preserved princes city in the country.
Chengyun Palace is one of the main buildings in
the city, which is used as administration office.
The construction of the building began in 1372
AD. The Chengyun Palace site later became the
office of the Guangxi government. The grand foundation,
the carved-stone railings and steps are the reminders
of the glory of the past.
The ancient scholars must offer their sacrifices
to Confucius before taking the provincial test
in the examination house. They prayed for the
sage ans men of virtue to bledd them to win the
test. It is said that Confucius Temple next to
the Examination House was highly efficacious.
Guangxi Examination House
A palace blessed with good Fengshui (Chinese astronology,
means good location, good fortune) and numerous
top scholars made its fame beat all in the Qing
dynasty. The site has been restored as a simulating
imperial testing house where tourists can take
part in the exam and have great fun.